Revision of FSC Standard for Group Entities in Forest Management Groups
To revise the Group Certification Standard to:
- Update the standard content to align it with FSC normative documents and Global Strategic Plan;
- Address concerns expressed by stakeholders, certificate holders and certification bodies;
- Consider the inclusion of innovative mechanisms to optimize Group Certification;
- Better include some stakeholder groups like small forest owners and communities in the standard.
At the 2017 General Assembly in Vancouver, Canada, the membership approved Motion 46 that recommended the New Approaches project to conduct several pilot tests to assess the feasibility of different approaches that can improve uptake and maintenance of certification by small forest owners and communities.
- Marie-Christine Fléchard (Soil Association)
- Gabriel Bolton (NEPCon)
- Victoria Rizo (2Tree Consultoria)
- Matti Maajärvi (UPM-Kymmene Corporation)
- Conceição Silva dos Santos ( UNAC – Mediterranean Forest Union)
- Xiao Jianmin (Research Institute of Forestry Policy and Information, Chinese Academy of Forestry)
- Yadira Molina (Fundacion MaderaVerde)
Spanish webinar is rescheduled for 19 March 2021, 15:30-17:00 CET.
View the recording of the English webinar here.
View the recording of the Spanish webinar here.
Learn more about the recent revision to the Forest Management Group Standard (FSC-STD-30-005 V2-0) at our upcoming interactive webinars during the first week of March.
The revised standard will become effective on the 16th of March and we want to empower our stakeholders to be sure you have all required information about the changes and effects of the newly revised standard.
The webinars will all present the same content with a dedicated Q&A session for participants. Please register for any of the webinars by clicking on their links below:
After approval by the FSC International Board of Directors, the Forest Management Groups Standard V2-0 is published to FSC's document centre and can be downloaded here.