Asia Pacific Regional Forest Stewardship Standard for Smallholders
- FSC Global Strategic Plan 2015–2020
- FSC-STD-60-006 (V1-2) EN Process requirements for the development and maintenance of National Forest Stewardship Standards
To develop a regional smallholder standard to:
- Focus only on smallholder operations and write the indicators in more simple language;
- Address concerns expressed by stakeholders, certificate holders and certification bodies;
- Consider the inclusion of new mechanisms to improve smallholder certification access and cost;
- Cover four critical countries in the Asia Pacific Region; India, Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam.
At the 2017 General Assembly in Vancouver, Canada, the membership approved Motion 46 with a focus on exploring additional ways of making FSC policy and standards more relevant to small forest owners, which included exploring the existing flexibility of FSC system.
Dung Tri Ngo
Indonesia – Env.
Indonesia – Soc.
Indonesia – Econ.
Thailand – Env.
Thailand – Econ.
Thailand – Soc.
Vietnam – Env.
Vietnam – Econ.
Vietnam – Env.
India – Econ.
India – Env.
India – Soc.
The launch and roll-out of the Asia-Pacific RFSS for smallholders as a pilot test was approved by FSC Board of Directors.
The technical advisory group worked to close the identified conditions and submitted the revised AP RFSS for smallholders to PSU.
PSC conditionally approved the AP RFSS for smallholders, with 12 conditions and 3 observations and recommended to FSC Board of Directors to launch this new policy solutions in a controlled manner as pilot test.
FSC publishes factsheet about the development of an Asia Pacific Regional Standard for smallholders. Read it here.
Contact Loy Jones to join the Consultative Forum.
See list of members in table above