This user guide will walk you through each step of the process of registering for the FSC® Certified Products Portal, importing and editing Product Data.
How to register and activate your account
1. After you are officially authorized to register at the FSC Certified Products Portal, open the registered email inbox, and verify the email received with the subject ‘Create an FSC Certified Products Portal Account’.
2. Open the email and click the ‘Submit my details’ button/link in the mail content.
3. A ‘Customer Voice Form’ will open in another page.
4. Enter the mandatory field values in the Form and click on ‘Submit’.
Note: First name, last name, email address, certification code, license code, and Site Code (only if your company is a member of a group certificate or multi-site certificate) are mandatory fields. Others are optional.
5. After clicking on ‘Submit’, the ‘Thanks!’ message should display.
6. Go back to the registered email inbox, and verify the email received with the subject ‘Activate your FSC Certified Products Portal Account’.
7. Open the email and click the ‘Activate my account’ button/link in the mail content to activate.
8. Activation code should populate; click on the ‘Continue’ button.
9. Enter the ‘New Password’, enter the ‘Confirm New Password’, and click on ‘Continue’.
10. It should redirect to the ‘Welcome to FSC Connect’ page.
11. Go back to the registered email inbox, and verify the email received with the subject ‘Granted Access for FSC Certified Products Portal’.
12. Open the email and click the ‘login to my account’ link in the email content.
13. It should navigate to the FSC Certified Products Portal login page. Please enter your email address and the password you just created.
14. You will then be asked to accept the terms and conditions. Please check the box.
15. It should navigate to the FSC Certified Products homepage.
16. Please note that for users whose certificates become invalid (e.g., suspended, terminated, terminated and blocked, suspended and blocked),
- Access to the portal: your portal access will be revoked, and you won’t have any access to the “import” or “view” features etc. Once your certificate status becomes valid, you’ll be able to log in and access to the full functionality.
- What happens to the FSC-certified products that have been submitted to marketplaces/platforms: all the submitted products will be removed from selected sustainability program(s) when your certificate becomes invalid. Once your certificate status becomes valid, you’re able to submit the up-to-date information of FSC-certified products that need to be badged.
How to import Data through Microsoft Excel Template
1. You navigate to the ‘Import Products’ screen
Under ‘Sustainability Program’, you click ‘Select Program’ to select the program to join and click on ‘Download Template’. Then you fill-up the template with product data. All fields in the template are mandatory.
- Product Identification Type: please choose only from the dropdown list
- Product Identification Number: should be only numeric values when product identification type is other than ASIN. The length of product identification number should be between 1 and 14. Please remove space in all the fields
- Product Name: text format
- FSC Label Type: please choose only from the dropdown list
- Brand: text format
Once the data entry is completed, you upload the file by clicking the ‘Browse’ button and clicking on ‘Import’.
2. After a successful import you will be able to review the products, please verify that all of the information is correct. Here you can ‘Edit’ the product details before submitting or ‘Remove’ the product. You can upload the product label picture.
If all of the information is correct, then, agree to the terms by checking the dialog and click “Submit to Marketplace/Platform”. Then a dialog box will appear, please click “Yes”. After this, your products have been successfully submitted.
How to view and edit Product Data
View by Upload
In ‘View Products by Upload’, you can see all the uploads that were made for the organization. You can either “download” the selected uploads/products in an MS Excel format or “download” the ‘Source Excel’ used to upload the products originally by clicking “download” on the right side.
For example, by clicking ‘View’ you can see all the products in one upload.
1. Click ‘View’ to see the details of a particular product.
2. Click on ‘Edit’ to modify the detail of a product and ‘Submit to Marketplace/Platform’.
3. Click the ‘Delete’ button to remove the product from Marketplace.
View by Product
In ‘View Products,’ all products across all uploads are displayed. You can ‘View’, ‘Edit’, or ‘Remove’ products as in ‘View Uploads’.
‘Update Products’ shows all the products that are rejected by the admin and need to be updated. Once the product detail is updated as suggested by the admin, it will be sent to FSC admin for manual approval. Once FSC admin approves it, it will be submitted to Marketplace.