FSC-PRO-01-005 V3-0 provides a transparent procedure for receiving, evaluating and deciding on appeals against decisions taken by FSC (this does not include accreditation decisions).
FSC-PRO-01-008 V2-0 ensures a timely, independent and effective resolution of complaints submitted by FSC stakeholders. These can be complaints regarding the FSC normative framework or the performance of FSC International, the FSC Network as well as complaints regarding the performance of Assurance Services International (ASI).
- Develop a simplified, easily accessible and effective complaints and appeals procedure.
- Ensure a proper balance between escalation (subsidiarity) and impartiality.
- Align with FSC’s regulatory requirements (including the Policy for Association complaints processing procedure, Remedy Frameworks, and General Accreditation Standards).
- Update the process in line with international best practices on non-state based grievance mechanisms.
Mario G. Aguilera, email@example.com
Please register here to be informed about this process and the key updates.
FSC is organizing the following informational webinars to help stakeholders better understand the objectives of the revision and answer questions on the topics covered in the consultation.
Wednesday 8 November 2023 at 9 am (CET): Click here to register.
Thursday 9 November 2023 at 4 pm (CET): Click here to register.
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) announces the launch of a public consultation for the ongoing revision process of FSC’s complaints (FSC-PRO-01-008) and appeals (FSC-PRO-01-005) procedures and invites interested stakeholders to provide feedback and recommendations on a specific set of topics associated with the revision process.
Details of the public consultation:
- Opening date: 02 October 2023 (10:00:00 CEST)
- Closing date: 30 November 2023 (23:59:59 CEST)
To participate in the consultation, click here.
Read the news announcement here.
For more information about the revision process, read this visualized summary here.
Read the summary of consultation material.
Approval of simultaneous revision of FSC-PRO-01-005 and FSC-PRO-01-008 by the FSC International Board of Directors at the 83rd Board Meeting.