FSC-PRO-30-006 Ecosystem Services Procedure: Impact Demonstration and Market Tools
This procedure set out the requirements for FSC-certified forest managers to credibly demonstrate the impact of their activities on the maintenance, conservation, restoration or enhancement of ecosystem services, providing them with improved access to ecosystem services markets through the use of FSC ecosystem services claims.
Key objectives of this revision process are:
- Streamline the procedure to ease implementation and accelerate demand.
- Make it more comprehensive, while increasing clarity and simplicity.
- Lower the costs and make it easier to access, in particular for smallholders and communities.
- Facilitate and enable further impacts and quantitative measurements for the impact demonstration while enhancing qualitative approaches.
- Wesley Snell, ETIFOR (Economic)
- Jens Kanstrup, Forest of the World (Environmental)
- Alan Smith, Individual (Social)
- Ana Vaz, NBI - Natural Business Intelligence & CIBIO - Research Center in Biodiversity and Genetic Resources of the University of Porto (technical expert)
- Rachele Perazzolo, FSC Italy (technical expert)
Register for Consultative Forum here. By registering you are agreeing to the Privacy Statement (found below on this page).
FSC invites all interested stakeholders to attend explanatory webinars about ongoing public consultation of the draft procedure. The webinar presentation can be found here.
- First webinar, Jan 24, 2023 09:00 AM (CET), https://fsc-int.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYtcOuorToiHdcJ5jChKJ6DxXniR0ZC5fbF
- Second webinar, Feb 21, 2023 05:00 PM (CET) https://fsc-int.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwtduirrDgrH9z8m7J1lOkvmro7QCdMwZFP
- These webinars are for the open public and will be given in English with simultaneous translation to Spanish and French
The first public consultation is open between 16 January and 17 March 2023 and will be used to collect stakeholders’ feedback on a series of questions regarding the proposed first draft version of the procedure. FSC encourages all interested stakeholders to participate and provide their feedback during this period. This consultation (here) has been translated into Spanish and French (here).
The Technical Working Group for the revision of the Ecosystem Services Procedure has been established. Read the news article here.
Call for applicants for the establishment of the Technical Working Group
Terms of References approved by the Policy Steering group.
Board of Directors approves the establishment of a Technical Working Group formed by 3 interest balanced members and 2 to 3 technical experts at its 91st meeting
Motion 48/2021 Streamline the Ecosystem Services Procedure, incorporate more services and maximise its potential is supported by the FSC members at the FSC General Assembly
Review Report recommending a revision of the procedure is consulted